Friday, March 19, 2010

TGI(w)T

Thank God it (was) Thursday! (Woopsie!)

This is my annual "I don't know jack about collegiate basketball" March Madness bracket that I make with my father (who also doesn’t know jack.) I have now made her public. Please note: I am very sensitive about my picks, especially when they loose.
I still get anxiety about completing this bad boy. I sit there and stare at it, with no background information.

A majority of my picks have nothing to do with the actual sport of basketball. Below is an example of my inner monologue when picking between Notre Dame (#6) vs Old Dominion (#11)
Self #1: Well, ND is the familiar name here, so they will win because I know who they are.
Self #2: But what if ODU is the #11 upset and wins? ODU is the winner.
Self #1: Yes, but Bud (my grandfather, may he rest in peace) loved Notre Dame, so I should pick them to win.
Self #2: Yes, but Bud also loved the Giants, and they didn’t win this year.
Self #1: True, ODU is going to win because their colors are pretty, and their mascot is a lion

TGI(w)T: Kristin, you don’t know shit about basketball, so even if you only get a few right this further proves that you have slight psychic abilities…and yes, there is a direct correlation between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment