Monday, March 15, 2010

1 in of rain= 1 ft of snow

What did I do this weekend? Well, like most New Englanders, I fought with Mutha Nay-tcha! Yes, God was doing some serious crying...and no one was able to stop him.

Now usually, I love me a good spring rainstorm. For one, rain serves as an excellent excuse for almost anything. Don’t want to go to the gym? Don’t worry about it, its raining! Want to watch television all day? Why wouldn’t you- its raining! Don’t want to go out tonight? Probably shouldn’t because its raining! Accidently got excessively drunk when you were forced to go out? Obviously, its raining!

Secondly, rain serves as the perfect backdrop to the end of a wintry/springy weekend. Throw in some lightning, a bit of (light, but not overly aggressive) thunder, a good television show, a bottle of wine and a pizza, and you have yourself a pretty wonderful Sunday evening.

This is not to say that I approve of this weekend’s weather forcast. This weekend was more of a monsoon than it was an enjoyable storm; and I enjoy rain, not aggressive, yet slowly moving walls of water. So, besides the major road floodings and closures, a declared state of emergency, a washed out bridal shower, and some minor (very minor) hydroplaning, I would rate this rainy weekend in the high 9's.

And for the record, so proud of myself for fixing the windshield wiper prior to the wall of water that moved in on Friday afternoon. I most likely avoided causing myself a coronary. Mazel Tov, Kristin. You are learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment