Tuesday, March 2, 2010

i scream for ice cream

In my years of vast experience, I have found that there are few problems that a pint of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream can’t fix. Honest.

Ben and Jerry have created the perfect companion to break ups, sweet tooths, swine flu, removing of the tonsils, hot weather, cold weather, boredom, and pregnancy. I think that my good ole friend Ben and/or Jerry found the direct path to pure happiness through saturated fat, heavy cream, and chocolate chunks, nuts, brownies and cookies. Can I get an “Amen?”

This said list of blissful, yet deadly, ingredients is obviously counter balanced with all of the healthy, natural things in my bucket of bliss. Being a “Cherry Garcia” and “Chunky Monkey” girl myself, I am of the most healthy ice cream eaters, being that each of my flavors are fruit based, and are therefore by default more healthy.

I also ingest many beneficial vitamins from Ben and Jerry’s baby, such as omega-3-fatty acids from Chunky Monkey’s walnuts, and vitamins C and A from the cherries in Cherry Garcia. Not to mention the added benefits in consuming dark chocolate, which we all know is part of a healthy heart diet in moderation.

Why get the Fro-Yo when all the natural, healthy ingredients are already in the original version? As I continue to prove time and time again, no sequel is ever as good as its predecessor. Don’t skimp on the original, especially when you are already buying the Chocolate Fudge Brownie variety.

At any rate, I would just like to thank those wonderful people up in Waterbury, VT for creating the most perfect comfort food for this ice cream addict.

1 comment:

  1. Feeling guilty about something? The justification you are giving each ingredient makes me think someone may or may not have nom-nomed a pint or two recently ... :)

    ReplyDelete