Tuesday, March 16, 2010

hop shuffle leap tip!

Today is Tuesday, and that means two things:

  1. tomorrow is Wednesday which means essentially, I am halfway through my work week
  2. tonight is my tap class.

Yes, laugh it up if you want to, but I take a tap class and I find it to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my week, you know, besides that small light at the end of the tunnel called “the weekend.”

I am a life-long dance enthusiast (duh), and tap has always been one of my favorite genres of dance…especially to perform. Tap was always my favorite class throughout the years (besides those senior company classes where we performed fosse-esque numbers that allowed me prance around like a hootch with little to no repercussions.) There is nothing more therapeutic for me than throwing on a pair of tap shoes, and cramprolling my problems away.

In all seriousness, what is there not to love? I am wearing a pair of flat shoes with large metal noise makers on the bottom and encouraged to stomp, stamp, step, or hop around (yes, those are all different tap moves, and all require different weight shifts)!

Talk about serious stress relief, unless of course we rewind back to my tap glory days in high school, where if I didn’t land all four sounds in my double pull backs, my dance teacher would threaten to cut off my leg. (Oh, the memories…)

And so, in the words of said dance teacher (when happy): “Of to tippity-tap!”

No comments:

Post a Comment