Monday, August 9, 2010

These Steets Will Make You Feel Anxious?

My weekend by the numbers:
45: minutes of traffic I sat in to get to the train station
1: number of trains I almost missed
1: total driver’s licenses I lost en route to New York City. Sober.
1: number of drunk people surrounding me on my way down to the city of dreams
4: number of apple products man next to me used in our 3 hours train ride
1: sars mask
6: number of times I cleaned out, re-cleaned out, and re-re-cleaned out all luggage I brought to NYC to find missing ID
25: the amount of minutes I sat on hold with Amtrak to get the lost and found phone number, only to find out its hours of operation were Mon-Fri, 7:30 to 4PM. Helpful at 1PM on a Saturday
25: The amount of dollars spent to replace lost ID online.
4: amount of bars I had to sneak into. I am the only 24 year old in America that wished she brought her old fake out with her? Getting in? Not as difficult as you would think!
3: number of people who asked me if I color my hair?
1: number of hungover driven anxiety attacks in a public place.
60: number of minutes our train was late
1: number of homeless men I witnessed faint while during said wait
45: minutes I spent on phone to try and entertain myself
3: number of smart waters I had while waiting
6: number of times the [mildly attractive] man in front of me swore to himself everytime our train delayed.
0: number of bathroom trips I made while on [very late] train home

No comments:

Post a Comment