Monday, August 2, 2010

Laugh Aloud...Quietly

Okay, I was going to save this for my TGIT, but this just cannot wait.

The evidence I am about to show you proves that God also dislikes the term “LOL” and sends me signs that he thinks so.

See below.


Yes, that is a silly band that says “LOL.”

Background: Annie is moving tonight (Sigh.) Being the very mature 7, I mean 24 year old women we are, we decided to buy a pack of silly bandz and split them. Best friends forever.

Anyway- I found a pack that included all sorts of abrevs including: brb, xoxo, cya, ttyl…but the most important one being “BFF.” Obviously, this was the pack we needed to buy. The catch? I was forced to support a franchise that created a silly band shaped as “LOL.”

“Self, this is not a big deal. The rest of the pack is perfect for your inevitable split from Annie. Buy the set and walk away.”

So we did.

Fast forward to the gas station, Annie and I split the pack so that we had one of each, including the appropriate “BFF” and even the “LOL” (Dun, dun, dun)

As Annie assisted me in putting on my 8 silly bandz to model and enjoy, one of them snapped.

The horror! Panicking, as I thought it was the “BFF” bracelet, aka the only reason for justifying my “LOL” purchase, that snapped.

I look and immediately feel satisfied. Which silly band broke? The “LOL” band. How poetic.

“LOL” is dumb…even the higher beings think so. Take the hint, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment