Thursday, July 29, 2010

TGIT


Good: Pelham Island Road welcomes all types of visitors. Especially those Cousin Eddie wannabes.

Great: This number is parked at the same house with the giant, 20 foot tall pineapple painted on the front of their barn door. Its only weird until you learn that the pineapple stands for welcome in Massachusetts culture (okay, so its still weird, but at least their intentions were good?)

TGIT: Well, this new addition is good for two reasons. One being that I have something else to distract me from staring at the giant Pineapple when driving home everyday; the other being another great landmark for me to give people who are trying to navigate around the burbs. Instead of just “Turn left and look for the house with the giant pineapple on the left (which usually causes an awkward silence, followed by a follow-up question)” I can now add in “Turn left and look for the house with the giant pineapple and RV in front.” I mean, they will know they didn’t misunderstand both things in my directions, therefore they will take it for what it is…no explanation necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment