Monday, July 19, 2010

Cold Feet?

Disclaimer: There will be many a blog this week because even though I was on vacation, my brain [and anxiety] never rest, so the ridiculous thoughts continued to flow-- even while I was laying on a beach chair.

Vacation was wonderful. I guess you don’t realize you need a vacation until you have one, only to then realize how frazzled you truly are.

Whilst tanning my (no longer) pale bod, I spent copious amounts of time asking myself important life questions, such as: “Self, if you actively try less to get tan, won’t you become tan faster?” and “Self, why do you eat so much ice cream when you know ice cream gives you stomach aches?” but also “Self, where are your apartment keys?”and even “Self, why are you completely brainless when on vacation (maybe you should stop drinking)?”

In my efforts to be a transparent, authentic blogger (you know, exposing all of my completely random—and often inappropriate—thoughts) I have decided to share one of my more entertaining inner monologues I had with myself .

While laying in bed in amidst 90 degree weather, I ask: “Self, why is it that your feet are always cold when trying to fall asleep?”

I have come up with the following answers.
  1. the temperature of my bed decreases as I move from the top to bottom of the bed to the bottom. This would scientifically explain said coldness of feet, and prove that this is yet another world phenomenon that is completely out of my control.
  2. My subtle switch from flip flop to Ugg Boot (and vice versa) causes temperature regulation problems in my feet. Too hot for Uggs? well just wear flip flops! Too cold for flip flops? Throw on the Uggs! It is a relatively easy theory, and it worked well for the entirety of my collegiate career, except for the occasional accidental flop in sleet incidents.
  3. Poor circulation. The most realistic, and boring theory of them all.
  4. My constant overuse of my feet causes them to drastically cool when I am done using them for the day? I am dancing, running, ellipticating, walking.
  5. I don’t have enough covers on the foot of my bed. Right, the puff, comforter, and wool blanket just isn’t enough.
  6. I have a phobia about wearing socks to bed. Once, a family friend shared with me the direct correlation between wearing socks to bed and having family homes burn down. That information was enough for me. Socks to bed = house burning down = not something I am willing to risk, therefore, no matter how cold my feet are, I will never wear socks to bed. Ever.

Yes, this is what I think about before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment