Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Q-tip tips?

Apparently, I use Q-tips the “wrong” way.

While pediatricians and I won’t see eye to eye on the definition of its correct use, I don’t see my Q-tip usage as wrong; so much as I see it as traditional.

I use Q-tips they were intended and created to be used, damn it. I grab two. Stick one in each ear. Twist. Its quick; its [relatively] harmless; it achieves its purpose.

Frankly, this is the only way I actually use Q-tips. To say the intended use of a Q-tip is to do anything other than clean and/or itch one’s ear is simply dismissing its value. If I want to apply makeup, I use a make-up brush; if I want to brush my teeth, I use a toothbrush; if I want to scratch the unscratchable ear itch, I use a Q-tip. Am I the only one that feels this way? By deeming a Q-tip’s original purpose as wrong simply removes it from its niche in the marketplace.
Q-tips are the only product that can soothe that itch you can’t scratch; the one you are simply unable to rid of yourself, even after shoving your finger as far into your ear as possible, and attempted to itch from the inside of your mouth using your tongue. If you are without a Q-tip, you must live with the unbearable, uniquely miserable inner ear itch. There is no replacement tool for a Q-tip.

That being said, I understand that there are dumb people who do dumb things which in turn change the rules for us normal people. Like who, you make ask? People who attempted to dye their own eyelashes, thereby blinding themselves, thereby causing eyelash tinting to be federally outlawed (the blondes thank you, assholes) or people who stick Q-tips too far in their ear, thereby damaging their eardrum, thereby changing the original purpose of a Q-tip for all. Because of dummies like these, my once correct use for Q-tips is now deemed to be unhealthy/unsafe and/or wrong.

Just add my said Q-tip usage to the list of things that I do that used to be correct, but are now deemed politically incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment