Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Click here to see my post baby body!

On my twitter newsfeed today (yes, I tweet, and yes I tweeted before it was cool to do so,) I stumbled across this prize of an update on my feed: “StyleWatchMag: Gisele shows off her post-baby body in sexy new ads for Brazilian brand Colcci: http://ow.ly/1vGLC

For a brief moment I sat in my cube and pondered whether to click on the link, which by then was boaring a whole into my retna.

Then I decided. No, no I will not click on the post baby pictures of Giselle, thank you very much. Why, you ask? Because I am not going to willingly subject myself to material that will certainly make me feel inadequate.

While I have yet to bear a child, I am positive that Giselle has a hotter body than I do sans child. Giselle has given birth, put on baby weight, ate ice cream, miraculously lost it, and still, despite it all, has an unbelievable figure. She not only has a [much] hotter bod than I do, but she also has a hotter body than you (although I think you are beautiful just as you are,) and 99.85% of the American population.

This brings me back to the original question. Why would I click on the link if I know that staring at Giselle’s toned, tanned, and slightly airbrushed body would make me feel less beautiful? Because it forces me to fight against my natural curiousity. If I do look, I walk away with all of my curiosities satisfied.

So, back to me sitting at my cubicle, staring at the tweet link. Did I click it, thereby willingly subject myself to feelings of inadequacy but satisfy my inquiring mind, or did I avoid it, keep my esteem intact, but leave the answerable questions untouched?

Today I avoided the link and felt slightly empowered. Take that Giselle! Will my curiosity get the best of me tomorrow? Who knows.

Now, I have left you with the same decision, as I have provided the Giselle link above. Are your going to succumb to the temptation and ultimately feel that pit in your stomach after seeing her six pack abs, or are you going to leave the link unclicked, and forever wonder what the bod of bods looks like, post baby.

The choice is yours. Make sure to tell me which you decided to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment