Monday, February 22, 2010

RIP Diet Choke

My diet will no longer include Diet Coke.

(Insert mildly shocking gasp here.)

No, do not adjust the resolution on your computer screen, you have read me right. My days of my Diet Coke addiction are/will be over.

For years my friends, family and colleagues have continued to tell me about the negative effects that come with drinking Diet Coke, and for years I continued to put them off by convincing myself that there is no way Diet Coke can make you retain fluids, it is diet after all!

Well, my friends, the day has come- I have seen the light. This my attempt at quitting. Hi, my name is Kristin and I am addicted to Diet Coke?

While I am completely dedicated to detoxifying my bod of the harsh chemicals that have been poisoning my bag of bones for years, giving up Diet Coke is bitter sweet for me. Diet Coke is an old favorite in my book; her bubbles tickle my nose and touch my smile. I allowed her to mingle with the other staples in my diet, and she always seemed to be a delicious compliment my meal, sandwich, or ice cream. I have always been a faithful advocate for her, and have defended my consumption of her rigorously. I now, however, must accept the facts and let go of the deliciousness that is Diet Coke.

The facts? Diet Coke is bad. Very bad. (Sigh)

So for now, this is my (in)formal promise to myself that I will drink as little Diet Coke as possible... lets see how long this lasts.

Mary Wood, please insert your “I told you so” dance here.

1 comment: