Wednesday, June 2, 2010

But Hold The Prune Juice....

Oh hey, all you 80-year-old-women out there who completely relate to me for multiple reasons! I am just like you! Don’t believe me? Read on!

I mean, to start, I knit. Not in a “Back up, Martha” kind of way, but I knit regardless. I have made two complete scarves and I will never look back. Naturally, I found those to be too easy, so I decided to knit a blanket (estimated time of completion, Fall 2014.)

What else? Well, I am a firm believer in bed times. Yes, I think that there is a value to getting 7-8 hours of sleep each and every night, and I do my best at trying to get at least that much. I didn’t say I actually get it, I just attempt to.

Further, I abide by the speed limit. Why? Because I am deathly afraid of getting a speeding ticket, not to mention I much more prefer getting into serious, expensive, car-anxiety inducing car accidents.

Often times I walk by 17 year-olds and want to yell at them. The boys? “Hey kid, pull up your pants and get a job!” The girls? “OH-EM-GEE, you, like, forgot to put pants on!” Rude? No. Helpful? Most likely, I mean perhaps she did forget to put pants on.

Lastly, I am immediately over stimulated after walking into, or by for that matter, an Abercrombie and Fitch. Don’t like the scent they infuse their store and the surrounding area with? Tough, because once you walk in, you have pretty much bathed in it.

Alright, enough ranting. Time for a cup of tea. EEK! Told you I am getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment