Tuesday, May 25, 2010

risky biz-naz

“Its not the destination, it’s the journey.”

Riiiiight. Lets for a second forget about the fact that we exist in a goal-achieving, monetary driven, “how to get rich quick” culture and focus on how this quote relates to one of the most important things in a 20-something female’s life: fashion.

Being trendy is exhausting.

I want being trendy to be the destination, you know, once I go trendy, I never go back kind of thing, but the reality is that being trendy is a constantly changing, wallet emptying, credit card maxing, “why don’t I look good in a jean jacket” journey. Frustrating.

I want to be trendy all the time, effortlessly. I want to be able to take risks and look like I live on the cutting edge, rather than on edge of the fashion cliff.

So, what have I been doing to remain as trendy/mod/20-something as I can? I have been experimenting with all sorts of small, mini, baby risks. Risk-a-citas, if you will.

Example?



Hi, I am grey nail polish.

I stood in front of the O.P.I display for an unhealthy amount of time while self-debating on whether I should purchase such a risky color. Three coats of “Moon Over Mumbai” later, and voila! Instant trendy trenderson.

I have to say, that I feel, if only a bit, BA with this small dab of metallic perched upon my nails, and we are approaching 48 hours of me not peeling of the polish. I think she’s a keeper.

Also, per the picture above, you will notice another risk-a-cita I took today. I am wearing purple and orange together. I know what you are thinking, and yes, it was very risky. I will try to tone down my intense fashion risks, but I can’t make any promises, as its all about my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment