Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Caff "Fiend"

I have a confession to make.

I have been drinking coffee daily for the last week or so.

Why? Because I have spent my entire young adult life avoiding caffeine addiction, and doing very well at it.

When I needed caffeine? I would have the healthy alternative: green tea.

Sigh. I blame my new addiction on my recent habit of getting less sleep per night [I would like to dedicate this particular life change to all of my girlfriends of Charlestown.] as well as trying to be an over-productive, multi-tasker in the hours where I am awake.

The obvious solution is more caffeine.

I feel guilty about it, to the point where even writing here doesn’t seem to be relieving me of said irresponsible feeling in my gut.

With my new love of coffee comes my new list of why I shouldn’t drink it

  1. Self, your teeth will turn brown. Um, hello, your dentist told you that you have one of the most perfect sets of teeth he has seen in a long time, virtually stain free. Why are you jeopardizing your flawless grin for your new caffeine addiction? This is why the next coffee you have will be your last coffee.
  2. Self, coffee will make you retain water. Tea is the healthier option. Why did you switch in the first place, are you just trying to create problems for yourself?
  3. Self, I think coffee makes you fidget more so than you did prior to consuming the caffeinated beverage, if that is even possible. People most definitely think you have some sort of genetic defect where you are unable to sit still for more than twenty minutes, or those who are not creative will think you have ADD. Either way, not a good look for you.

Well, tomorrow is the last coffee I get. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment