Thursday, January 21, 2010

day 1

this is the birth of my blog. after weeks of mental prep and self thought, hours of procrastination, and many failed attempts at a witty blog name and bi-line (which is still, and probably will always be a work in progress,) i have given in and published, therefore commited to, a blog.

i am not sure why i have gotten such cold feet regarding a blog, nor do i know what i plan to write about...but what i do know is that i am always very jealous of people who blog, and so i plan to become a blogger. right here. right now.

so, before i jump into this random, but slightly interesting blog of mine, i found it fitting to share some random, but slightly interesting facts about myself to get this ball rolling...and here they are.


1. I dance, all the time, everywhere.
2. I believe it should be socially acceptable to wear pajamas everywhere, including work and in bars.
3. I never have, or will, color my hair
4. I wish I was a combo of Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon, and Kate Hudson (wardrobes included)
5. I love crime investigation shows (ex: csi, law and order, ncis) and think the perfect murder involves an icicle (sick, i know)
6. if I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be goldfish and diet coke.
7. and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches…
8. why eat an m&m if there is no peanut in it?
9. I have, and will always love my church on Christmas eve
10. I am always cold.
11. i have had only one screen name since the birth of aol...i feel as though i was a very insightful 12 year old
12. i'm afraid of heights, shark attacks, bridges over water, and being alone
13. the best alcoholic drink is one that has the least amount of flavor, and the most amount of alcohol.
14. some of my closest friends are the ones I made in kindergarten
15. drinking apple juice makes me feel sick- and I think it is because I saw my brother drink so much of it as a kid
16. fave movies = Dirty Dancing, Father of the Bride II, and Overboard
17. I love Tri Delt and the girls in it, and will forever make deltas with my hands in pictures for the rest of my life
18. some of my happiest memories are in a run down college bar in Canton, NY
19. I can wiggle my ears, touch my tongue to my nose, snap with all fingers, and stand on my toes
20. I think the people who invented garages, space heaters, and Swedish fish are genius, and want to give them a hug and a thank you note.
21. I am an unintentional cover hog
22. i love good bloody marys and extra dirty vodka martinis
23. I love driving with the windows down, even if its cold
24. I love the feeling of sand between my toes, but not the feeling of not being able to get it off of you.
25. I love surprises.
26. i analyze people, and overanalyze people
27. im allergic to pine nuts
28. i am scared to sleep with socks on
29. i always hate my haircut
30. i hate it when people say "LOL" and cant respond to people when they say "LOLOLOLOL" ewwww.
31. my favorite season is indian summer
32. i'm loyal, spontaneous, and sometimes stubborn
33. i would do almost anything to help a friend
34. i am a survivor of swine flu.
35. i'd rather eat cookie dough than a cookie.


So, before I begin this self reflective, rambling, but hopefully a bit funny adventure, I would like to express a big beforehand "thank you" to those who are reading this (if there are any at all) for forgiving me in my inability to transcribe my verbal wittiness onto paper, or any other written medium for that matter. I hope that your humor and interests will align with mine, and you will be intrigued by this fun, educated 20-something who needs something to do besides drink, dance, and laugh with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment