Friday, August 12, 2011

I Wanna Loft!

I have always wanted to live in a loft.

My keen sense of interior design awareness of lofts began in 1995, when the movie “Man of the House” debuted.

I was nine, and at the height of my “Jonathan Taylor Thomas is immortal” phase, also at the height of my father’s love for Blockbuster Video. Deadly combination.

I remember standing in the aisle holding “Man of the House,” ready to rent it, only for my Dad to look at me disappointingly and mutter “againnnn?!?!?”

I digress.

At any rate, this is where my obsession with lofts began…Look at the home of Sandy and Ben Archer.

Look at the lighting [keep in mind this is an evening snapshot], the high ceilings, the staircase, the open kitchen [not shown here]. All of these were things I knew I wanted in my future home.

I imagined, at the ripe age of 9, that when I was a successful 20-something [which was ohmygodsoold] I would live in an ultra-mod, high ceiling, perfectly accessorized loft apartment such as this one.

Oh, the girl had big dreams.

Now, as that [slightly poorer, and definitely not as mod] 20-something, I still want to live in that loft…or any loft for that matter.

Sometimes, I peruse the Craiglist ads, just to see what kind of rustic, yet roomy lofts are available. More often than not, I find none that meet my unrealistic expectations [based on cost and amenities].

It is then that I realize that I will never find a loft to the likes of the Archer family, but that doesn’t mean I am going to stop trying…

Feel free to find it for me.

Also, you can blame my obsession with collages on “Man of the House” and their beach collage seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment