Friday, May 13, 2011

Neon: Cool Past College?

Perhaps it is due to my alma mater’s overwhelming affiliation neon [ and theme parties], but I simply love bright colors and things that do not match.

Not just bright colors, sorryIcanthearyou,yourshirtistooloud bright colors. That, my friend, is a completely different level of color…and I adore it.

Since graduating from my country club Patagonia meets neon hick-wear university, I have had a difficult time integrating my love for neon into my young adult/semi professional life.

The big question: when is it appropriate to wear neon? Always.

The bigger [and more relevant] question: when is it not appropriate to wear neon? Never.

I have been struggling with the answers to these questions, as my natural thought processes are clearly not the politically correct answers.

I have taken it upon myself to create a list of times where it is [and isn’t] appropriate to wear neon.

It is appropriate to wear neon when:
  • Anyone is drinking
  • You are tan
  • Someone is wearing sunglasses at an inappropriate time [think at night, indoors, or whilst cloudy]
  • You are traveling
  • Any type of day party
  • You are in a group of St. Lawrence University young alumni
  • There is potential for a party picture and/or fist pumping
It is not appropriate to wear neon when:
  • You are at a funeral
  • You are surrounded by people unaware of trendy fashion and/or extremely boring
I mean, this should clear up any and all confusion.

Please wear more neon.

No comments:

Post a Comment