Friday, April 1, 2011

I Need A Tan

Sure signs that spring has sprung in Boston:

  • The Charlestown 20-somethings are complimenting their puffy vests with flip flops
  • The Fenway lights are on!
  • Neighbors start talking to me while I walk up my road. Apparently nice weather also sparks nice conversation?
  • I contemplated running outdoors. I didn’t actually do it, but I thought about it… baby steps!
  • Everyone is carrying iced coffees…even if they are wearing gloves after just de-icing their windshields.
  • Cadbury mini-eggs are on the shelves. Look out, waistline!
  • Street sweepers are back, and so is the parking ban that comes with them!
  • Four words: sleeping with open windows. I mean, who cares if I have to sleep in two sweatshirts and fleece pants under my down comforter? Totally worth the fresh air.
  • I suddenly have the urge to spring clean, rearrange and Pottery Barn-ize my room. This roughly translates to my attempt at keeping my room in a state where I can actually see the floor.
  • I habitually online window shop and want everything – especially neon. Then, I make a list of things I want so that when I can actually afford it, I know exactly what is on my wishlist.
  • If its not raining, the convertible tops are down [with the heat and music both blasting on high.] I cannot participate fully in this spring activity due to my not owning a convertible, but I do participate by playing with my sunroof, which I enjoy almost as much!
  • I’ve run out of windshield wiper fluid, and avoid refilling it solely because I am too embarrassed to tell someone I don’t know how to do it.
  • Its flood season…better known as mariokartdrivingtoavoidthepotholes season
  • I romanticize the idea of sunbathing poolside, and start planning my spring break trip for next March.
  • Everyone all of a sudden loves the Red Sox…and hates me for not.
  • Swan boats are entering the water.
  • The neighborhood kids are playing outdoors again during prime enter and exit driveway hours. This also means that dents-to-Kristin’s-car-by-basketballs season is just around the corner. Yippee.
  • I realize my legs will soon see sunlight, and I suddenly have the urge to sublime constantly.

But wait! It snowed this morning. Its April. I’m not laughing there, Mother Nature.

On a completely unrelated note, Happy 200th Blog JSN! My little baby is growing up so fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment