Monday, January 3, 2011

2011, Don't Be A Jerk

Things I learned over my vacation a la list
  • I still haven’t perfected the bloody mary. This makes me very angry.
  • It is completely possible for 5 grown people to catch a cold from a two year old
  • My confidence as a parallel parker increases exponentially when parking between a car and a snow bank. I mean, you can hit the snow bank.
  • I find myself spending ridiculous amounts of money on things I don’t need during my casual vacation, mid-day mall crawls. That shirt that looks like a moo-moo that you cant ever wear in public but is just sooooo darn comfortable? Sure! I am on vacation, of course!
  • I’ve become partial to napping.
  • My DVD collection is still missing from my move. I am getting nervous, as I havent hit my "Overboard" viewing quota this month, but thank god it has been on repeat on TBS.
  • Snow emergencies in Boston are the spawn of satan, as is the process for getting a Charlestown parking sticker.
  • I am remarkably resourceful when making a homemade ice luge.
  • Staying logged in on gchat via my cell phone drains the battery in a ridiculous amount of time.
  • Watching my family open gifts they love > getting a really awesome gift myself.
  • Measure twice, cut once…or in my case I should just measure. Period. [Thereby avoiding my moving in of shelves that wont fit in my apartment, only to then need to move them back out.]
  • During the annual Christmas Day Gingerbread House Making Competition, I find that I become much less anxious after a bloody mary.
  • It takes three 20-somethings approximately 20 minutes to find, read, decipher between and purchase the correct type of baby motrin/advil/Tylenol/oxycotins/horse tranquilizers
  • It is completely possible to get twelve hours of sleep after laying on the couch all day. Criminal Minds episodes are mentally exhausting.
  • I am a self proclaimed expert at getting Sass out of the snow with little to no problems.
  • Bostonians still stock up on water, canned food, first aid kits and candles the night before a big storm. This is New England people, it snows here. Buy a shovel, snowblower, and a jeep. You will be fine.
  • It has become physically and emotionally impossible for me to not cry during the candlelight singing of “Silent Night.” Its gotten to the point where people now look to me in anticipation prior to the lights dimming.
  • If I don’t stop soon, I might need to have an intervention about Intervention.
  • It isn’t efficient to travel down an icy Charlestown hill in heels….especially after drinking.
  • If you double the size of the jello shot, said shot will require double the time to congeal, unless, of course, you prefer cloudly/partially liquid jello shots. Woops!
  • I am still completely stupefied at what people do all day long should they not work.
  • It is completely possible to avoid your computer for 14 full days.

No comments:

Post a Comment